Typical applications for this IPCO precision scattering unit include:
- Automotive industry
- Textile industry
- Recycling industry
- Construction industry
Using either a vacuum or an auger feeding device, the fiber material is conveyed to the scatter coater hopper. In the hopper, the fiber is evenly distributed across the width and kept at a constant level during the scattering process. For bulk materials that tend to bridge due to their flow properties, a specially designed agitator is installed above the metering roller (scattering roller) to prevent bridging.
The fiber material is taken up by the scattering roller and the excess removed by a rigid doctor blade.
The accurately dosed material is then conveyed by the roller to the rotary brush-off system. The counter rotating brush roller cleans the roller and deposits the material onto the substrate or conveyor underneath.
- Specially developed agitator for uniform distribution of fibers in the material hopper
- Doctor blade with adjustable segments
- Optimized scattering roller design to hold the fibers
- Easy adjustment of the distance between brush and scattering roller with position display
- Shell clamping device enables easy change of brush roller – distance to scattering roller remains unchanged
- Scattering machines can be supplied with vertical and horizontal transfer system for easy cleaning and maintenance work
- Standard scattering widths from 500 – 5,200 mm; other widths on request