With a nominal throughput rate of 65 mtph, this is the highest capacity sulphur granulation unit available, and produces formed sulphur to SUDIC specification.
Rotating drum technology for low cost, high capacity sulphur solidification
Seed or nuclei particles of solid sulphur are generated externally by freezing sprays of liquid sulphur in a water bath at controlled pressures to form the desired size range. These particles are then augured into a slowly rotating drum with appropriately placed flights attached to its inner surface. The flights create curtains of particles inside the drum as well as gently moving them towards the discharge end.
As the nuclei particles travel along the drum, they are progressively enlarged to the required size by means of sulphur sprayed from a bank of nozzles running the length of the drum. The temperature in the drum is moderated by the evaporation of water from spray nozzles located inside the drum.
Low Capex and Opex for high capacity sulphur forming
The IPCO SG30 is supplied prefabricated for fast delivery and rapid installation, and its simple design, low maintenance requirements and continuous operation combine to deliver exceptional ROI.
- Highest capacity granulation unit available in the industry
- Uniform end product – external seed generation enables controlled variation of size distribution during operation
- Small footprint (60% less than other granulators)
- Minimal rotating equipment
- Fast delivery, quick installation, low shipping costs
- No sulphur ‘pre-conditioning’ required
- Continuous operation – no need for routine shut down
- No solid waste streams or liquid effluents
- Low maintenance – horizontal 0° drum reduces stress
Premium granular sulphur product to SUDIC specification
The spherical sulphur product meets the shape criteria and Stress Level I and II friability parameters of the SUDIC premium product specification.
The completely spherical shape – along with the repeated spraying and cooling of thin layers of molten sulphur on the surface of the granules as they pass through the granulator – accommodates the natural shrinkage of the product as it completes the transition from sulphur melt to solid sulphur granule, without weakening the product.