Granulation is performed on a continuously running steel belt and delivers consistently sized, hemispherical granules without any deformations, tails or strings.
Our Rotoform pastillation system consists of a heated, cylindrical stator and a perforated rotating shell that deposits molten droplets onto a continuously running steel belt. Water is sprayed against the underside of the solid steel belt and the resulting transfer of heat converts the liquid droplets into solid pastilles.
- Very efficient cooling – solidification direct from the melt
- Stable, free flowing granules of uniform shape
- Environmentally friendly production
- Smooth belt surface means easy cleaning
- System versatility – easy changeover within minutes
Our expertise goes far beyond the Rotoform® granulator and steel belt cooler that are at the heart of this process; we can engineer, supply, erect and commission the entire system, starting from receipt of the liquid material, pumping, filtration and granulation through to weighing, bagging and palletizing of the bulk product (20/50 kg or big bags).
Bitumen packaging system
We have also developed a high speed, high output packaging system that can transform bitumen asphalt melt into wrapped, palletized packages in little over 15 minutes.
Hot fluid asphalt is fed onto the IPCO steel belt cooler. Chilled water is sprayed on the underside of the belt, and air is blown from above. The smooth, durable surface of the IPCO steel belt provides an ideal surface for the temperatures and loadings involved.
At the end of the belt the solidified asphalt bands are cut into consistently sized slabs that are stacked to form blocks. These in turn are automatically shrink-wrapped in polyethylene foil, and transferred to pallets.
- 25 kg packs (10 x 345 x 100 mm) – can be adapted to individual needs
- Two workers can operate a plant producing 10,000 tonnes per year
- Low cost polyethylene packaging
- Packs can be melted without the need to remove the packaging material.