Drying is one of the oldest and most widely used ways of preserving food and our perforated steel belts have been at the heart of industrial drying systems for nearly 100 years. This experience has also led to the development of a range of highly efficient drying systems.
We can also supply dryers specially designed for drying of sensitive products such as cut strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango and more; and for handling a wide range of other fruits and vegetables, including partially frozen products.
Delivering an end product with highly uniform moisture content, this system can also be used as a pre-dryer for microwave plants.
As with all food processes, hygiene is critical and the use of stainless steel belts with their inherent ease of cleaning enables significant reductions in bacteria, yeast and mould counts compared with other belt types.
- Hygienic, easy to clean stainless steel.
- Choice of perforation sizes, patterns and spacings.
- Durable, hard-wearing steel for excellent return on investment.
- Easy cleaning means less downtime and less water, detergent etc.
- Outstanding resistance to stretching and deformation.
- Low maintenance requirements.
Energy-efficient multi-stage food drying systems
Our high performance, low energy drying systems have been developed in collaboration with leading food research institutions. Based on our perforated steel belt technology, these systems are designed to reduce throughput times and bacteriological counts, while at the same time enabling you to minimise your energy costs.
Our drying systems are designed to deliver high quality dried fruit and vegetables at minimum cost, and are suitable for a wide range of products including potatoes, carrots, apples, orange peel, celery, garlic, tomatoes, cabbages, onions, beetroots, cauliflowers, peppers, leeks, apricots and many more.
- Highly efficient air circulation design.
- Reduce processing times by up to 50% and often more.
- Multi stage drying units enable optimum time/temperature curves.
- Environmentally friendly with low energy requirements.
- Simple operation for significantly reduced labour costs.