Rotoform pastillation for tar pitch, asphaltene and hard bitumen
The high product temperature required for tar pitch, asphaltene and hard bitumen – up to 300°C – once meant that granulation of many residue streams was economically unviable.
With the IPCO Rotoform HT (High Temperature) system, you can solidify these difficult to handle products in an efficient, cost effective way, with maximum uptime and low environmental impact.
- Solidification directly from the melt.
- Highly uniform shape, stability and quality for easy storage and handling.
- Viscosities up to 15 000 mPas.
- Pastille diameters from 4 to 40 mm.
- More environmentally-friendly production.
- Ideal form for packaging, storage, blending and further processing.
Images: We have a diagram of RF used for bitumen – this should be included here:
Full turnkey capability including up- and downstream equipment
Our expertise in process systems for residual products means we can offer a one-stop-shop service so you can trust us to handle the entire project from start to finish
We’ll design, manufacture, erect and commission the system to meet your precise requirements, from feed of the molten material, through granulation to weighing, bagging, palletizing of the bulk product (20/50 kg or big bags) and storage.
High productivity double belt cooling systems for pitch
If you have a high capacity operation or limited floor space, our double belt flaking system cools the product – SDA / pitch –from steel belts above as well as from below. This system is capable of cooling thicker product layers to a uniform temperature over the whole cross section. The double belt cooling system also helps to reduce vapors and fumes, ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- High capacity – steel belt cooling from above and below.
- Clean process – no exhaust air treatment required.
- Cooling water recirculated – no consumption, no contamination.
- Maximum productivity from limited floor space.
- Choice of feeding devices and discharge methods.
Read more about how our High productivity double belt cooling systems could benefit your operation.
High speed bitumen asphalt block forming and packing system
Depending on the end application, you may need to solidify bitumen in block form rather than pastilles. Our high speed block forming system enables you to produce regularly sized packs – directly from receipt of the molten bitumen – in little more than 15 minutes.
Your labor costs will be low too – automatic operation means you would need just two operators for a plant producing 10 000 tonnes of bitumen per year.
- Rapid, continuous oxidized bitumen packaging.
- Clean indirect cooling process – no water contamination.
- Low noise, easy removal of fumes.
- Standard 25 kg pack sizes: 710 x 345 x 100 mm.
- System includes shrink-wrapping.
Get the full benefits of our High speed block forming and packing system.
It would be good to include this as attention-grabbing graphic ‘button’ within the text (it should certainly be available as an additional download:
Download the case study
(Link to ‘IPCO_IP_Case_Study_Etanchal_01.2019 case study’)
We could use this as a download too but I would strongly recommend that we make it a page in its own right ( sub-page linked from ‘Refinery residue streams’) as it is absolutely packed with keywords and is a crystal clear demonstration of our expertise in this field. (It was written during Covid so the intro might need attention.)
Download the White Paper
(Link to ‘Hydrocarbon Engineering White Paper 07 26 2021’)