The productivity center capabilities include:
Equipment for dynamic testing of the solidification and granulation process
- Multiple stationary and rental steel belt coolers with customizable feeding devices.
- State of the art feeding devices include RF4G, RFHP, Casting box, temperature-controlled roll feeders, and heated feeding tubes.
- Rentable double belt press.
- Various heating and cooling systems for feeding of product to a feeding device.
- Super-cooling preconditioning skid.
For prototype testing and product development
- 1 Rotoform unit with a belt width of 1500 mm and cooling length of 5 m – for full scale prototype in-house testing as a last part of the product development process.
Dynamic testing is possible for materials from chocolate to urea or even road bitumen.
For dynamic testing of Film casting / drying
- 1 Film casting line with a Venturi Dryer module plus a conventional impingement dryer section with winding and unwinding unit. Casting on a steel belt or on a foil is possible.
- The unit is able to handle water or solvent based casting solutions.
- Wet or dry film thickness is variable as to the customer need. Normally approx. between 10 and 250 µm dry film thickness.
- Hot air temperatures up to 100 °C are possible in the dryer, even higher temperatures are possible for the belt heating.
- Casting width between 150 mm and 500 mm
Service to sales and customers
- Feasibility testing (hand test) to give a first feedback about the possibility to solidify the product and to the expected capacity.
- On-site support for rental units and demanding process applications.
- Process optimization for customers who want to increase the productivity of their process.
- Sales and engineering support in terms of process calculations.
R&D and joint development
- Project management for product/process development projects.
- Prototype development and testing of new products.
- On-site support for prototype trials at selected customer production facilities.